Nancy La Vista is a board-certified civil trial attorney and board-certified in medical malpractice. She is a founding partner at Clark, Fountain, La Vista, Prather & Littky-Rubin. As a former critical care nurse, Nancy La Vista uses her extensive knowledge of the healthcare industry to help clients with every type of medical malpractice claim including birth injuries, failure to diagnose, delayed diagnosis, or misdiagnosis, surgical errors, and wrongful death. In addition, Nancy specializes in health-related claims including medical products and negligent medical credentialing, and medical whistleblower.
In her 30 years of representing injured clients, Nancy has earned numerous seven-figure verdicts and settlements for her clients throughout Florida and the United States.
Some of Nancy’s most notable cases include a $35,000,000 verdict for the family whose son was born with severe birth defects due to medical negligence while at the hospital. Four years after an appeal, two declaratory actions, and a claim’s bill, the matter settled helping this child and family.
In another case, Nancy obtained an$11,500,000 verdict for a client who was left brain-damaged after surgery to insert steel rods into his spine, which migrated into his brain. Nancy and partner David C. Prather provided evidence that the neurosurgeon should have not been allowed to perform the surgery as he lacked the training or experience to properly perform it. The jury awarded the significant verdict, which the Medical Center appealed. The Fourth District upheld almost the entire verdict.
An advocate for all women, Nancy led an all-female trial team on behalf of a Single Mother Injured in a Rear-End Crash. The trial lasted 4-days when the female trial team secured a $4,900,000.00 verdict.
For more than 20 years, Nancy has been recognized by The Best Lawyers in America for her work on behalf of plaintiffs in Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury Litigation, and Product Liability Litigation. For over 8 years, Nancy earned TOP 50: Women Lawyers in Florida and TOP: 100 Lawyers in Miami by Super Lawyers. In 2021, Nancy was selected as Florida’s Legal Elite by the Florida Trend’s Magazine and Palm Beach Illustrated’s Top Lawyers of 2021. In 2012, Nancy was recognized as a finalist in the Daily Business Review’s Most Effective Lawyers.
In 2010, during Nancy’s term as president of the Palm Beach County Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) was voted Chapter of the Year. In 2011 and again in 2013, Nancy was voted Palm Beach County Chapter’s Trial Lawyer of the Year. In 2013, Nancy served as the President of the state branch, Florida American Board of Trial Advocates, and was recognized as the Palm Beach County’s Trial Lawyer of the Year.
Nancy’s hobbies include her passions of horseback riding and competitive bill fishing.
Contact Nancy at email@example.com.
- J.D., cum laude, University of Miami, 1990
- BSN., University of Michigan, 1974
- Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer, Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education
- Board Certified in Medical Malpractice, American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys
- TOP 50: 2020 Women Florida Super Lawyer List
- The Best Lawyers in America ® – Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, Product Liability, and Civic Litigation
- Florida Trend magazine’s Legal Elite – Top 2 % of Lawyers
- Florida Super Lawyers – Top 5 percent of attorneys in Florida
- Florida Super Lawyers – Top 50 Women Lawyers
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated SM by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Appointment to the Florida Bar’s Civil Trial Board Certification Grade Review Panel
- 2011, 2013 nominated for Most Effective Lawyer by the Daily Business
All Florida Courts
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, including Trial Bar
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- American Board of Trial Advocates – President of the Florida chapter; past president of the Palm Beach County chapter
- Florida Bar
- Florida Justice Association
- Palm Beach Justice Association
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Florida Association Women Lawyers
- Palm Beach County Florida Association Women Lawyers