While wrong-site surgeries and medication errors often terrible, there is one form of negligence that outweighs them in both prevalence and fatality rate: medical misdiagnosis. Misdiagnosis often leads to delayed or wrongful treatment, which can result in life-altering harm. Both recent and past studies paint a picture that shows how truly common and terrible misdiagnosis errors can be.
Here are findings regarding the effect of misdiagnosis on U.S. patients:
- 75% of mistaken diagnoses were a result of negligence
- There are 12 million diagnostic errors on an annual basis
- Misdiagnosis results in nearly 40,000 deaths a year—as much as breast cancer
- Around 28% of diagnostic errors led to life-threatening or life-altering circumstances
When people are harmed by negligence, they deserve to receive compensation and support from those that harmed them. That’s the central idea behind the law and our firm’s efforts. Our West Palm Beach misdiagnosis lawyers fight to provide the injured with the care they need. Clark Fountain wants to provide patients and their families with the advocacy to hold healthcare providers accountable for the harm they cause.
Medical Misdiagnosis & Your Health
Not all misdiagnoses are negligent—according to the above statistics, 1 in 4 are considered part of the natural uncertainty of medicine. In order to prove negligence in your case, our attorneys will thoroughly investigate your care with careful and experienced examination. Once we have the evidence we need, we can build a case that demands the financial support you’re entitled to.
Misdiagnosis cases require the following:
- Proof of an official patient-doctor relationship
- Proof of a doctor’s negligence or lack of care in his/her diagnosis
- Proof that your doctor’s diagnosis led directly to your harm
You deserve seasoned litigation that cares about you and your life—call 561-899-2100 for a free case consultation!
Trust Your Case to Clark Fountain—Call 561-899-2100.
Everyone deserves to have their voice heard. That’s the philosophy that drives and influences everything our West Palm Beach personal injury firm does. It’s why we take on complex, difficult cases that other attorneys turn away. It’s why we cover 100% of the costs of litigation for all of our clients. In the end, it’s why we fight for years to help the victims of medical malpractice receive the care they need.
Clients put their trust in us for the following reasons:
- We’re not afraid of complex, costly cases
- We’ve secured more than over a Billion dollars for clients
- We have more than 200 years of combined experience
- Our firm includes board-certified legal experts in medical malpractice
- We never collect a fee unless our client has recovered compensation
If you’re looking for answers, turn to our misdiagnosis attorneys. We can answer your questions, determine your options, and give you the clarity you need. We fight for you.