We’ve Recovered Millions for Our Clients
Every surgery, no matter how minor, carries with it a certain amount of risk. Though great pains are taken to prevent errors in the operating room, some patients wake up to find a preventable mistake had been made during their surgery.
Common causes for surgical errors can include:
- Surgeon incompetence: The surgeon may not have possessed the necessary procedure skill.
- Improper surgery techniques: The surgeon may have skipped a step to save time.
- Insufficient preoperative planning: Medical staff may have rushed planning the operation.
- Surgeon fatigue: Long shifts may affect those operating on the patient.
- Poor communication: Incorrect information may lead to injuring the patient.
- Neglect: An example of this could include failure to properly sterilize instruments.
About Common Surgical Errors
To prove surgical error occurred, you will need to carefully examine hospital records, interview staff, and retain objective medical experts. That is why it is often beneficial to retain the counsel of a skilled personal injury following such an event. You must also prove that a legitimate surgical error caused sufficient enough damage to warrant compensation.
Common types of surgical errors can include:
- Nerve injury during surgery
- Too much or too little anesthesia
- Performing an incision at the wrong location
- Leaving a piece of equipment inside a patient
- Operating on the wrong body part
- Operating on the wrong patient
You deserve seasoned litigation that cares about you and your life—call 561-899-2100 for a free case consultation!
Surgical errors due to negligence are simply unacceptable in the operating room. Navigating a surgical errors claim can be complex and confusing, which is why you should turn to a skilled lawyer to ensure just compensation is recovered in your case.
Why You Need Counsel for Your Case
Hospitals are well-defended from liability by state laws and teams of experienced lawyers. Figuring out medical malpractice claims after suffering an injury due to surgical error can be a nightmare. Without legal help, you and your loved ones may never receive the compensation you deserve.
Instead of being burdened by increasing medical costs as you seek to remedy the original mistake, make sure you seek qualified legal counsel from surgical error attorneys in Florida that understand your case.
Contact a Surgical Error Injury Attorney Today
At Clark, Fountain, La Vista, Prather & Littky-Rubin, we have answers to your questions regarding surgical error claims. With over 200 years of combined experience, you can be sure that we are more than capable to go toe-to-toe with hospitals, doctors, and tight-fisted insurance companies. Clark Fountain aims to be more than just skilled representatives; we also strive to be compassionate advisors and confidants to our clients. Because we care, we handle all surgical error cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that if you don’t get your money, we won’t take yours. We fight for you.
Significant Case Results
Unnecessary Surgery Results in Loss of Hand Function