Mon 18th Oct | 2021

Florida Auto Accident Statistics

Accidents BY

We all know that auto accidents are dangerous, but we don’t know just how dangerous they are until we begin to look at the statistics. Various organizations track the accident data for each state, including fatal auto accidents and how many people die as a result. This includes passengers in the vehicle as well. The data collected also includes fatal accidents by vehicle type, number of vehicles involved, area of the incident, and more.

In Florida, the fatal accident statistics were as follows for 2014:

  • 2,336 fatal crashes
  • 2,494 deaths
  • 12.5 deaths per 100,000 population
  • 1.24 deaths per 100 million vehicle miles traveled

According to the 2014 report, 791 people died in car accidents, 399 people died in pickup or SUV accidents, 22 people died in trucks, 445 motorcyclists died, 588 pedestrians died, and 138 bicyclists died. Of the 2,494 deaths, 55% occurred in single-vehicle accidents while the remaining 45% involved multiple vehicles.

The national numbers seemed to be down in 2014, but a November report from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimated that 2015 was trending higher in terms of traffic fatalities. The first six months of 2015 estimated to increase 8.1% over the same time period in 2014. This is alarming for the final results when they are released and now, in 2016.

Auto accidents are very serious, regardless of what type of vehicle is involved. They can result in serious injuries for all passengers and, in a number of cases, death. Unfortunately, there are a large number of accidents that can be prevented. Most of these involve negligent or reckless drivers who are either driving under the influence, distractedly driving, or driving while fatigued.

If you or someone you love has sustained injuries in an auto accident caused by a negligent driver, our team may be able to help. At Clark, Fountain, La Vista, Littky-Rubin & Whitman, our Florida personal injury lawyers have more than 220 years of collective experience. We have helped countless injury victims seek the compensation they not only need, but deserve. Call us today to discuss the details of your accident and learn if you have a claim.

Related Stories: