Advocates for the Injured—Call 561-899-2100.
Thousands of pedestrians are injured in the U.S. every year by negligent drivers. While these accidents can be caused by a number of different factors, it is usually the careless or reckless behavior of a vehicle driver that leaves pedestrians suffering from serious injuries and damages. If you or a loved one was hurt in a pedestrian accident, Clark Fountain is here to listen. Our West Palm Beach pedestrian accident attorneys want to hear your side of the story and provide the compassionate counsel you need.
After a Pedestrian Accident in Florida
As a pedestrian, you are exposed to serious injuries when involved in an accident with a vehicle. It can be difficult for a pedestrian to recover from such an incident, making maximum compensation necessary in cases. In order to bring forward a strong case, you need solid evidence. Taking certain steps after your accident can ensure you have a compelling claim to stand behind.
You deserve seasoned litigation that cares about you and your life—call 561-899-2100 for a free case consultation!
Make sure you do the following after a serious pedestrian accident:
- Put Safety First: If you or a loved one was hit, stay at the scene so that everything can be handled appropriately, but move to a safer area when possible.
- Exchange Information: When your injuries aren’t too severe, you can exchange contact and insurance information with the driver and any witnesses.
- Get Medical Attention: Always get medical care as soon as possible. Don’t wait! Even if you don’t feel injured, you may notice more pain after your adrenaline surge wears off.
- Seek Legal Counsel: Having a proven advocate by your side throughout this process is invaluable. You can trust your case to them and focus on fully recovering.
When you call on Clark Fountain, we get to work right away identifying the negligent party. Statistically speaking, your pedestrian accident was caused by a distracted, negligent, or reckless driver. If this is the case in your situation, we can fight to get you the just compensation you are owed.
Get a Reliable Team On Your Side— We Fight for You
Even if it seems clear that the driver was at fault in your accident, they may start to tell their insurance company a different story to avoid liability. Make sure you talk with a West Palm Beach pedestrian accident lawyer who is qualified to handle your case. With 200+ years of combined experience, more than a Billion dollars in recoveries, and numerous board-certified injury attorneys on staff, Clark Fountain is more than prepared to represent you.
Can a Pedestrian Be at Fault in a Car Pedestrian Accident?
A pedestrian can be at fault for a car pedestrian accident despite the fact that motor vehicles must always yield to pedestrians on the road. Pedestrians are still responsible for ensuring they are following the rules of the road as well. Some of the most common situations where a pedestrian can be found at fault are:
- A pedestrian was crossing against the traffic signal
- A pedestrian was crossing the road outside a crosswalk
- A pedestrian was walking where pedestrian access is clearly not allowed
Pedestrian accident liability can be complex since there are many factors that need to be considered. If you have been injured, contact our firm today to get started on your case.