Our West Palm Beach Train Accident Attorneys Can Fight for You & Your Family
In January 2018, Brightline introduced a new way to get around West Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale. The only privately-owned company in the United States uses a diesel-electric combination train that runs at higher speeds compared to other locomotives. The rail line expanded to Miami a few months after—with plans to reach Orlando by 2020 and other big cities such as Tampa and Jacksonville in the future.
However, the Brightline train system has experienced several pedestrian and car accidents since its release. If you have been injured or lost a loved in a Brightline train accident, look no further than Clark, Fountain, La Vista, Prather & Littky-Rubin for experienced and compassionate legal representation. With more than 200 years of collective legal experience and over a billion dollars recovered for our clients, our West Palm Beach Brightline accident lawyers understand what it takes to build a strong case and maximize settlements.
Tragedy on Brightline Trains
After being in operation for only a short period, Brightline has already been involved in several serious and fatal accidents. In the first week of operation, there were two separate incidents where a person was killed at South Florida railroad crossings. After three months, Brightline trains were linked to the deaths of four individuals and injuries to three people. In total, as of March 2019, there have been six fatalities where Brightline trains were involved.
You deserve seasoned litigation that cares about you and your life—call 561-899-2100 for a free case consultation!
The following are the common causes of train accidents:
- Operator error – Whether the train is traveling over the safe speed limit or the operator is checking his or her cell phones, mistakes made by a train engineer are the most common cause of serious train accidents.
- Train malfunction – A defective train component can cause a malfunction and ultimately a collision or derailment. If a company or operator fails to properly inspect and maintain their trains they could be held liable for any injuries and fatalities caused by the malfunctioning part.
- Rail crossing malfunction – When crossing lights and gates fail to activate, motorists and pedestrians can unexpectedly get struck by a moving train.
- Track defects – Railroads experience a significant amount of wear and tear each year. Since these tracks are quickly worn down, they are frequently repaired and replaced. Track defects are the main cause of derailments.
- Signal/switch issues – When a train track signal fails to alert a conductor, this can result in a crash.
Call 561-899-2100 for a Free Consultation
Proving liability can be extremely difficult, especially since Brightline is backed by a powerful legal team to dispute accidents involving their trains, which is why having a skilled Brightline accident attorney on your side can make all the difference. At Clark, Fountain, La Vista, Prather & Littky-Rubin, you have an entire team protecting your rights and best interests throughout the complex legal process. We are ready to help you obtain the most favorable outcome possible while you recover from your injuries.
For more information, contact us and discuss your case with our attorneys today.