Celebrating Excellence: Nancy La Vista Recognized in the 2023 Women Leaders in Law by Florida Trend
We at Clark, Fountain, La Vista, Littky-Rubin & Whitman are immensely proud to announce that Nancy La Vista, a founding partner, and a distinguished figure in medical malpractice law, has been honored in the 2023 Women Leaders in Law by Florida Trend. This accolade is a testament to her extraordinary dedication and skill in advocating for victims of medical negligence.
A board-certified civil trial attorney with an impressive background in medical malpractice, Nancy La Vista’s transition from a critical care nurse to a legal powerhouse has made her a formidable advocate for those wronged by the healthcare system. With over 30 years of legal expertise, Nancy has been instrumental in securing justice for countless victims through her insightful and compassionate approach to complex medical cases.
Nancy’s legal prowess is particularly evident in her track record of high-profile cases:
- $35,000,000 Verdict in Birth Defects Case: Nancy achieved a landmark $35 million verdict for a family whose son was born with severe birth defects due to medical negligence at a hospital.
- $11,500,000 Verdict for Brain Damage Case: She obtained an $11.5 million verdict for a client left brain-damaged after a surgical procedure to insert steel rods into his spine, which erroneously migrated into his brain.
- 8-Figure Settlement for Failure to Diagnose: Demonstrating her skill in complex cases, Nancy secured an eight-figure settlement in a critical case where a child’s heart condition was undiagnosed.
- 7-Figure Settlement in Diagnostic Failure Case: Nancy successfully exposed a catastrophic failure to diagnose, leading to a significant seven-figure settlement for a man left with life-altering injuries.
- Significant Confidential Settlement in Elective Surgery Case: In an elective surgery case that resulted in catastrophic injuries, Nancy secured a substantial settlement against medical providers.
- Significant Confidential Settlement After Knee Surgery Complication: Following a knee surgery that led to amputation, Nancy skillfully navigated the complexities to secure a settlement for her client.
- Multiple Substantial Confidential Settlements in Cancer Misdiagnosis Case: Her expertise was crucial in securing multiple confidential settlements after a woman tragically died from cancer misdiagnoses, exemplifying her dedication to justice.
In addition to these remarkable achievements, Nancy has consistently been recognized for her legal excellence. She has been featured in the Best Lawyers in America for over two decades, listed among the TOP 50: Women Lawyers in Florida and TOP 100 Lawyers in Miami by Super Lawyers, and has held prestigious positions in legal organizations, including the American Board of Trial Advocates.
The Women Leaders in Law by Florida Trend honors the outstanding contributions and leadership of women attorneys. Nancy La Vista’s inclusion in this elite group reflects her profound impact not just in the field of law but also as a role model and mentor in the legal community.
At Clark, Fountain, La Vista, Littky-Rubin & Whitman, we are inspired by Nancy’s relentless pursuit of justice and her exceptional skill in representing those affected by medical malpractice. Her recognition in the 2023 Women Leaders in Law is a fitting accolade for her unparalleled commitment and success in the legal profession. Congratulations, Nancy La Vista, on this well-deserved recognition!