Mr. Whitman concentrates his practice on complex liability and catastrophic injury cases throughout Florida with an emphasis on product liability matters. Currently, Mr. Whitman represents clients injured or killed as a result of dangerous and unsafe products such as defectively designed and manufactured vehicles, tires, and industrial and consumer products. He also represents those who have been harmed by the negligence of vehicle and tire retailers and servicers. In addition to his product liability practice, Mr. Whitman also represents automobile and tractor trailer accident victims against negligent drivers and their insurance companies.
Outside of his litigation practice, Mr. Whitman is actively involved with the Florida Justice Association (FJA), an organization devoted to protecting the civil justice system and advocating for the rights of Florida’s citizens and consumers. He was recently elected by his peers for a two year position on the Board of Directors of the Young Lawyers Section of the FJA. He also was a volunteer for the Law Week Mock Trial Program at the Seminole Trails Elementary School in West Palm Beach, Florida and was a volunteer at Liberty Park Elementary School for Career Day.
Prior to joining Clark Fountain, Mr. Whitman was an attorney at one of Florida’s most established insurance defense firms where he litigated cases on behalf of the world’s largest insurers. His tenure as a defense lawyer provides Mr. Whitman with an insight into the mindset of insurance adjusters, corporate defendants, and defense attorneys in their valuation of claims and litigation strategies. He uses this background to maximize the value of his client’s cases and ensure that they receive full compensation for their injuries. Mr. Whitman’s family is deeply rooted in the practice of law – his father is a highly regarded trial attorney in Jacksonville, Florida and his brother maintains a wide-ranging litigation practice in Dallas, Texas.
Contact Ben at email@example.com.
- J.D., Florida State University
- B.A. Cum Laude, University of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Section
- Circuit Court Civil Practice Committee
- Broward County Bar Association
Florida Justice Association
- Board of Director, Young Lawyers Section (2016-2018 term)
- Member, Auto Insurance Committee
- Member, CLE Committee
- Palm Beach County Justice Association
- 2015 -Speaker, Ethical Governance Day (Miami Dade County Commission on Ethics and Public Trust)
- 2016 – Volunteer, Pathfinder High School Scholarship Awards (Academic Excellence Category)
- 2016 – Volunteer, Law Week Mock Trial Program (Panther Run Elementary School – Wellington, Florida)
- 2017 - Volunteer, Law Week Mock Trial Program (Seminole Trails Elementary - West Palm Beach, Florida)
- 2017 - Volunteer, Career Day (Liberty Park Elementary School - Greenacres, Florida)
Mr. Whitman was born in Jacksonville, Florida.
Debris or Defect? What to Look for to Determine if a Tire Blowout was Caused by Road Debris or a Tire Defect.” Florida Justice Association Workhorse Seminar, March 3, 2017
“Practical Tips For Preparing For And Taking Depositions As A New Attorney.” Florida Justice Association Law School Outreach Seminar (Florida State College of Law), March 23, 2017