As part of the firm’s growing team of accomplished trial attorneys, Christa L. McCann handles personal injury and wrongful death cases throughout the state of Florida, including claims on behalf of victims of automobile accidents, medical malpractice, defective products, nursing home negligence, and any other situation in which someone is injured—catastrophically or otherwise—by the negligent acts of another. Prior to joining Clark Fountain, McCann worked for a prominent statewide insurance defense firm, where she gained invaluable insight into how insurance companies defend cases, and now parlays that knowledge into representing injured victims across the spectrum.
McCann has successfully obtained numerous million dollar and multi-million dollar recoveries in cases involving injuries to her clients ranging from hearing/vision loss, broken bones, amputation and spinal injuries, to paralysis, brain injuries and death. Most recently, McCann obtained a $3.345 million recovery on behalf of a motorcyclist who was paralyzed following an accident caused by a roadway design issue. Some of McCann’s other notable cases include a more than $1.5 million binding arbitration award in Fort Myers in a wrongful death case brought on behalf of a sixty-three-year-old woman killed in a head-on collision, a $3.5 million recovery on behalf of a client who suffered a mild traumatic brain injury in a motor vehicle accident, and a $1.7 million recovery on behalf of a client who suffered spinal injuries in a collision involving a commercially owned vehicle.
McCann comes from a family of attorneys. Her mother practices in Stuart, Florida, in the area of elder law. Her father practiced as a civil trial attorney handling personal injury and wrongful death cases throughout Florida before being elected as a Florida Circuit Court Judge in 2004. McCann’s parents have long distinguished themselves in the representation of their clients and in their contributions to the community, and she now carries on that tradition through her work with injury victims and their families.
McCann is also actively involved in local professional and civic organizations, including serving on the board of several organizations. She is currently the President of the Palm Beach County Hispanic Bar Association, and the Co-Chair of the Mentoring Committee of the Palm Beach County Chapter of FAWL (Florida Association for Women Lawyers). She has been recognized by Florida Trend Magazine as a Florida Legal Elite Up and Comer, and has been named by the National Trial Lawyers as a Top 40 Under 40 in the area of civil litigation. Within the firm, McCann, who is fluent in Spanish, regularly works with and advocates on behalf of the firm’s Spanish-speaking clients.
Contact Christa at email@example.com.
- J.D., cum laude, University of Florida Levin College of Law
- B.A, International Studies, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Florida Trend Magazine – Legal Elite Up and Comer, 2016-2017
- Super Lawyers - Rising Star 2017
- Best Lawyers in America - Personal Injury Litigation-Plaintiffs, 2018
- National Trial Lawyers – Top 40 Under 40
- Best Oralist, Florida Bar International Commercial Arbitration Competition, 2011
- Participant, International Commercial Arbitration Competition, Vienna, Austria, 2011
- Book Awards: Trial Practice and Florida Civil Procedure
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- President, Palm Beach County Hispanic Bar Association
- Mentoring Committee Chair, Florida Association for Women Lawyers(Palm Beach County Chapter)
- Florida Bar Association
- Florida Justice Association
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Palm Beach County Justice Association
- Martin County Bar Association
- Christa was born in Stuart, Florida. She is fluent in Spanish and conversational in Portuguese.
- Diversity: Bringing a Unique Perspective to the Table, Palm Beach County Bar Association Bulletin, March 2015