Cyrus S. Niakan handles a wide variety of personal injury and wrongful death cases, with an emphasis on the litigation of cases involving manufacturing and design defects, throughout Florida and across the United States. Cyrus has litigated successfully against almost every major international automobile and tire manufacturer, and has litigated a diverse spectrum of complex product liability cases from defective medical devices to defective ladders. Cyrus’ tenacity and zeal has resulted in numerous multi-million dollar recoveries for his clients.
Most recently, in 2013, he obtained a verdict in excess of $1.6 million against a waste management company in Palm Beach County; and a verdict for $400,000 in Palm Beach County in a challenging automobile negligence case involving aggravation of a pre-existing condition in which the Defendant refused to offer any settlement money.
Cyrus, who began his career as a defense attorney with a Miami law firm, often gives lectures and seminars on expert witness discovery, trucking litigation and insurance coverage.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Manufacturing and Design Defects
- Commercial Litigation
- Named a Rising Star in Florida Super Lawyers, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013– distinction given to less than 2.5 percent of lawyers in the state
- 2011 & 2012 for “Up & Comer” Legal Elite by Florida Trend– distinction given to only 132 lawyers statewide
- 2012 The National Trial Lawyers, Top 40 Under 40.
- 2013 South Florida Legal Guide, Top Up & Comer
- J.D., academic scholarship, University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law, 2004
- B.S., Molecular & Cellular Biology, University of Washington, 2001
- B.A., English Literature, University of Washington, 2001
Community and Civic Service
- 211 of Palm Beach & Treasure Coast – Board of Directors
- Take Stake in Children – Palm Beach County
- Misioneros del Camino
Cyrus speaks Spanish and Farsi.