Ms. McCann has successfully negotiated several multi-million dollar settlements in cases against drivers who injured others due the negligent operation of their vehicles, including a $3.5 million recovery in a motor vehicle accident resulting in mild traumatic brain injury to the client and a $1.7 million recovery in a collision involving a commercially owned vehicle in which the client suffered spinal injuries.
Prior to joining Clark Fountain, Ms. McCann gained invaluable insight into how insurance companies defend claims, and now parlays that knowledge into representing injured victims across the spectrum. Ms. McCann handles cases in all areas of personal injury and wrongful death, including automobile negligence, products liability, medical malpractice, nursing home negligence, and any instance in which someone has been injured – both catastrophically and otherwise – due to anothers negligent conduct. As she is fluent in Spanish, Ms. McCann also regularly works with and advocates on behalf of Spanish-speaking clients.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Automobile Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Products Liability
- Best Oralist, Florida Bar International Commercial Arbitration Competition, 2011
- Participant, International Commercial Arbitration Competition, Vienna, Austria, 2011
- Book Awards: Trial Practice and Florida Civil Procedure
- J.D., cum laude, University of Florida Levin College of Law
- B.A, International Studies, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Florida Bar Association
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- President-Elect, Palm Beach County Hispanic Bar Association
- Florida Justice Association
- Palm Beach County Justice Association
- Martin County Bar Association
- Mentoring Committee Chair, Florida Association for Women Lawyers(Palm Beach County Chapter)
- Christa was born in Stuart, Florida. She is fluent in Spanish and conversational in Portuguese.